Diary of a Mom Gone Mad

from the "in" side of sane

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

completely into crafts: tatting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, jewelry making, quilting.

Friday, December 02, 2005

So there I am, sitting down, trying to relax last night. Just finished putting the girls to bed, for the third time, and my cell rings. It's my little sister asking what I'm doing next week. Well, for the first couple of days, it will be hectic. Won't see my husband except if I wake in the night and won't have a chance to sit myself except on the toilet. (Sry, I know, TMI) We leave Wed afternoon for Minn. for the rest of the week to attend a friend's wedding. So for the first couple of days we will be busy filling it with the week's work/chores and then will be gone for the rest of the week. Thinking my sister is calling to say she might be coming for a visit, I am disappointed. She hasn't visited here yet and I was excited to think she was coming. But that wasn't the case. No it wasn't that bad, it was worse! Of course this is all "normal," right?

She is calling to offer me her spot on a free cruise with her sister-in-law (whom I absolutely adore.) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! The scales got worn out last night with all the weighing of the sides.....go or not go, hmm, that IS the question now, isn't it? Well, let's see...hmmm. We will probably never be able to afford to go on a cruise, and here's one waiting that's already paid for....hmmm. My husband's in the wedding, and so are the girls, but I'm not....hmmm. Been needing a mental vacation for a year or more, the thought of checking in to a mental hospital for a couple of weeks just to get a vacation of quiet and space has been looking REALLY good....hmmm. The chance to hang out with a cool friend who would drink with me and laugh, and dance.....hmmm. Stress over packing for all kinds of weather for me, the girls, husband, stress over getting everything done and packed before Wed, stress over getting everybody where they have to be on time, dressed in the right outfits, stress over trying to find a dress to wear that doesn't look like a potato sack....hmmm. Or throw my fat clothes in a suitcase, grab my id (like they might card me or something - LOL) and go laugh and relax for a week (starting Sunday) with a friend....hmmm.

Normal, yes?! This happens to you all the time, doesn't it.

2 Comments:

Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Go!! have fun! Free cruise...GO!!!

12:03 AM  
Blogger punchberry said...

Go!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home