Diary of a Mom Gone Mad

from the "in" side of sane

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

completely into crafts: tatting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, jewelry making, quilting.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The "in" side of sane is restless tonight. Figures! Husband and kids are actually sleeping soundly, but I'm up. So use to being woken up during the night or having to be up late that the rare chance comes to get needed sleep and my body says it's time to be awake. Great! Now what? I know, weather report:

The rain is falling here, low temps are suppose to get lower tomorrow during the day. Will it snow? Of course not. As soon as it gets cold enough for that, the rain will stop. This Florida girl is not fond of the cold. Personally, I see no use for it other than to have snow. Seriously! And what's up with the run on the grocery stores? The news tonight reported the ever-so-slight-probably-won't-happen-are-they-nuts?-chance of sleet/snow during the day tomorrow. I mean, this is the kind of stuff that melts before it gets to within 2 feet of the ground. There must be a subliminal message hidden in the news that I just don't get. Like, "Quick, run to the store, you don't have enough of ANY thing stored up, you need MORE, world devastation is coming and we won't survive unless you stock up to the gills on everything you can get your hands on at any and all stores." Has anyone seen something like that? Heard of it? Had the urge to drive to your local store after hearing the weather report?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the cause for the panic. Okay, so you might need another gallon or two of milk. But water? And spaghetti O's? Like you haven't had all year to save up on water and canned food. OK, chocolate. I can see going for that! After all, in my house it never lasts very long, so there wouldn't be any stocked up. In my house it is an endangered species.

See in Florida, when hurricane season was coming we double checked our stocks and filled in any gaps. You know, canned food, batteries, water, etc. Then we didn't run to the store EVERY time a storm came through. If a really bad one was close (within a few hours) and there was a concern of losing water, we filled the tubs. See, we prepared ahead of time. Planned!

In my neighborhood now, we have the worse luck with electricity. We are the first to lose it and last to have it turned back on. Small, out of the way grid. But, with winter coming, we have extra water on hand ALREADY, batteries, ALREADY, freezer downstairs almost full, ALREADY, extra gas tanks (for the grill) filled, ALREADY......are we getting the point across? And this little wind blowing that is coming tomorrow cause people to rush out to the stores tonight. Silly little people.

Is it just me? I can't be the only one in the world to have two brain cells to rub together and think AHEAD to see the end results? Well, sometimes I feel like I am the only crazy one out here. Then I realize I have a good idea, or a good plan. And at that moment, I know that the "in" side of sane is a place for much smarter people. Care to join me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home