Diary of a Mom Gone Mad

from the "in" side of sane

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

completely into crafts: tatting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, jewelry making, quilting.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I AM GOING TO FREEZE!!!! Talking to the bride today, she said it is suppose to warm up tomorrow (Wed.)........to 10 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm cold just thinking about it. This Florida girl has not gotten THAT use to the cold. Okay, so long underwear (husband's, hope he doesn't get cold), tights, stockings, longjohns, fleece pants, wool socks-3 pair, sweatpants-2pair, have I forgotten anything?, oh-leggings, THEN the jeans? What? 14 sizes bigger? I can't even pack all that into my suitcase. It'll look like I'm playing strip poker and went and put on every article of clothing that I own. You know when you dress up little kids for winter outdoors and they toddle through the door looking like a human popsicle, stiff as a board with arms stuck straight out the sides and unable to bend at the knees? Yea, that's what I'm going to look like. I probably won't be able to sit down in the airplane seat. Oh, this is gonna be good....

But the girls are going to have fun. I got them waterproof mittens yesterday. There is suppose to be at least an inch of snow up there. There is no way on earth we would be able to keep them from digging around in it and playing. I hope we get a lot of snow this year in NC. We have the perfect sledding hill that ends in our front yard. All the kids come out and play. Especially the BIG kids. Yes, dads, you know I mean you! It is so cute to see them (men) out there playing. They go knock on each other's doors: "Can John come out and play?" I guess it's true, that they never grow up. Naw, really, the truth is there is a little kid in all of us. You have to let the kids out to play from time to time. Fun is healthy! Okay, off to bed. Warm bed. hmmm. Electric blanket warm bed. hmmm. Zzzzzzzzz.....

1 Comments:

Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

I could totally use an electric blanket right now. i'm freezing!

Hope you have fun at the wedding

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home