Diary of a Mom Gone Mad

from the "in" side of sane

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

completely into crafts: tatting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, jewelry making, quilting.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

ok, so I've had some interest in the "hampster wheel" idea. I got the genious, my dad, on the project. For those of you that asked, here's the 411...


" Using an exersise bike to power a tv would be a lot easier than trying to use a hampster wheel. It also would be a little hard to run inside a wheel and watch a tv off to the side but fun to watch someone do it!! Belt drive an automobile alternator (junk yard, Delco with internal regulator) with the bike. Use a small inverter (Walmart, 120 watts) to turn the 12 volts DC into 120 volts AC for the tv. Nothing to it! I would think about 5 minutes for the kids and 15 minutes for you would be about all you want to do at once. Good luck!

love
Dad "

I need to do this. Now, to get the parts...but first to convince my husband.....better wait 'til he gets done building the sunroom. On that note, it looks like it will get finished in a few weeks. Yea!!! Look out kids, mom's on a creative streak.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home